Direct Support Professional
Are you interested in joining the team of the largest and oldest provider of residential services to adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities in Colorado Springs? Cheyenne Village, Inc. is that team. Every day we help people with disabilities lead happy, healthy, and fulfilling lives. The work our teams do is rewarding and fulfilling because of the positive impact we make to the lives of the people we support.
Responsibilities and duties include but are not limited to:
- Implements Individual Service and Support Plans. Supports Person-Centered Planning. Assists in identifying each person’s strengths, interests, and needs. In a proactive manner, by discussion with supervisor and team, ensures that alternative plans are in place to support where efforts are ineffective.
- Ensures individual’s health and safety are monitored and implements IRSS Plans. Follows operational procedures regarding safety. Reports unsafe conditions. Works with Team to address individual risks.
- Ensures support is available to individuals with disabilities to participate in personal interests and community activities, either directly or by friends, family, or other community members. Promotes individual choice in all activities, relationships, and services.
- Assists each person assigned in developing and maintaining relationships with neighbors, friends, family, and other community members. Understands and supports reciprocity in relationships.
- Participates as a team member to accomplish goals of the team and agency.
- Monitors medications and ensures medical instructions are followed.
- Responsible for security of medications, records, cash, Quest Cards, and checks in the locked file.
- Monitors and provides skill acquisition training for individuals, personal hygiene, cooking; laundry, housekeeping; menu planning, grocery shopping, budgeting, shopping for personal needs, clothes maintenance, social skills, transportation training, recreation, and leisure interests per the ISSP objectives and service goals.
- Completes scheduled contact with individuals served while on shift.
- Provides/coordinates transportation, as needed, for individuals receiving services.
- Completes observation relating to services and supports, i.e., progress notes, data charts, medical tracking records, attendance sheets, accident reports, and incident reports through an electronic recordkeeping system.
As a part of our team, we offer competitive wages and a comprehensive benefits package. Salary DOE.
Skills / Requirements
Maintains current CPR, First Aid and QMAP certifications. All training for certifications is paid.
Maintains acceptable criminal background and Department of Motor Vehicle checks. Maintain valid US driver's license.
Physical demands: Move about from location to location. Exerts force and/or lifts or carries objects up to 10 lbs. regularly, 10-20 lbs. frequently and 20-50 lbs. occasionally.
Pay: $12 to $14.10/hour
Job Status: Full Time,Part Time